Our Team is built from the ground up to deliver superior performance.
We are not investment bankers. We are not business brokers. And our Team is not your typical Mergers and Acquisitions firm.
Each of our team members has owned and managed businesses. This means that we’ve experienced first-hand the emotional, physical, and financial roller coaster of building, operating, and selling a business.
Some Of Our Team’s Highlights:
- We’re #1 for the Highest M&A Sales Volume in our community (Tampa Bay).
- Each of our advisors has direct access to an impressive pool of buyers, which means that we can get businesses sold faster and for better terms.
- Our team relies on decades of experience in selling businesses, mergers, and acquisitions across a diverse variety of industries and through the world’s largest companies.
- Each member of our team is known for keeping the most strict protocols of confidentiality throughout the selling process.
- Our advisors are equipped in key areas such as negotiation, valuation, marketing, business development, financial analysis, and management.
Before founding Aberdeen Advisors, Emery earned his business and financial expertise as a banker, corporate advisor and president of several companies. After receiving his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Washington & Lee University, he rapidly rose through the ranks at Bank South and later Merrill Lynch, before becoming an entrepreneur. He founded Aberdeen Marketing, Inc., a marketing company that he built from the ground up into a $7 million revenue and eventually sold to a larger firm. Emery has expertise in all areas of M&A Advisory practice. He has successfully completed over 200 transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and financings. His proven track record includes highly complex deals, including merging a traditional consulting business with an Internet company, then securing venture capital funding of $6 million. He also conceived and led the acquisition strategy of two companies, which resulted in the largest national source of government bids, valued at more than $1 billion. Emery is repeatedly recognized as the leading mergers and acquisitions thought leader in the Tampa Bay market and is well known throughout the South for his ability to connect ideal buyers with sellers. His primary industries of focus are healthcare, manufacturing, distribution and business services. Emery is a strong believer in giving back to the community. He is an active member of Leadership Tampa Bay and serves on the Board of Directors of the St. Anthony’s Hospital Foundation. He enjoys golf and traveling in his spare time.